Home | About Us | Cruise Specials | Luxury Cruises | Q&A | Cruise Calendar | Cruisetour Calendar | Contact Us
Welcome to CruiseAlaska Q&A, where you can ask cruise questions and receive answers from us and other members of the community.

Is a passport card adequate?

0 votes
asked Jun 9, 2015 by anonymous

2 Answers

0 votes

According to the U.S. government website:

"The U.S. Passport Card can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry and is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book. The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air."

So, even if may be permissable in some situations to use a passport card as your entry document, we recommend the full passport book for the following reason: in case of an emergency that required you to fly home from one of the ports, such a flight may be denied by customs.  You should check with the cruiseline with which you plan to sail to learn their policies on this matter.

Here's a link to a page with further information on the U.S. Passport Card: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/information/card/Difference-Between-Passport-Book-and-Card.html


answered Jun 9, 2015 by qaadmin (1,040 points)
CruiseAlaska.com Online
Toll-Free (U.S.A. & Canada):  1-800-663-1389
Email:  info@cruisealaska.com
Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | Cancellation Policy